|[Frontiers in Bioscience 2, d331-342, July 1, 1997]|
SPECIFICITY IN THE cAMP/PKA SIGNALING PATHWAY. DIFFERENTIAL EXPRESSION, REGULATION, AND SUBCELLULAR LOCALIZATION OF SUBUNITS OF PKA.
Bjørn S. Skålhegg and Kjetil Taskén.
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oslo, P.O. Box 1112, N-0317 Oslo, Norway
Received 6/24/97; Accepted 6/30/97
TABLE OF CONTENTS1. Abstract
2. Cyclic AMP and the cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) signaling system
3. Isozymes of PKA
4. Regulation of levels and expression of the regulatory and catalytic subunits
5. PKA isozyme composition and characteristics
6. Subcellular localization of PKA
7. Effects of cAMP mediated by specific isozymes of PKA
8. Summary and perspectives